One last update.

Email This Post August 27th, 2008 nicky

Wow. My last month and a half has been amazing, stressful, miraculous and frustrating all in one. Claire Alaina was born July 20th via emergency c-section. I made it to 35 weeks in my pregnancy and welcomed my little premie. What a beautiful gift she is! She came out with her feet hooked up over her shoulders so I am convinced she will be really into yoga or something, that girl is bendy! With all the horror stories we heard about her brain and kidney functions, we are very hopeful and proud of how far she has come in her short 5 weeks. She is missing a part of her brain called the corpus callosum and we are very optimistic (as is our wonderful neurosurgeon) that she will have minimal delays from it. Many adults may have it missing and not even know unless they get in an accident and have a scan. So anyway, with everything we see, her outcome looks great! Only thing is she is still in the NICU working on feeding issues. She is trying hard, showing progress but sometimes doesn’t finish all of her bottle so the doctors want to keep her there until she is more consistent. It has been heartbreaking having our month old baby still in the hospital but in the grand scheme of things we know this will one day be a distant memory. She is so pretty, sweet and already very girly. I can’t wait for mommy/daughter shopping and spa trips! Since I am barely ever home now and once Claire gets to come home with us I will be super busy with her, I’ve made the tough decision to end my run at Swish-Style for good. Thank you all for making my time as a blogger extremely rewarding. I learned so much from fellow bloggers, enjoyed reading your comments and had a blast exploring my interest in beauty and fashion. It will be fun to tell Claire one day how her mommy once was obsessed with buying new makeup to review, stalked the shoe sales at Nordtrom and shared it all with strangers on the internet. I wish you all the best!

• 1. jina  |  August 27th, 2008 at 10:44 am

I will miss Swish-Style, but I can’t think of a better reason than Claire to walk away from blogging. Love you guys!

• 2. monkeyposh  |  August 27th, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Nikki-

I wish you and Baby Claire and your cute hubby all the best. I am sending all my wishes and hopes for a life of rich blessings for your family.
    Baby Claire is beautiful!!!!!

I will miss your blog.
    Please keep in touch.
    [email protected]

hugs!
    Jennifer

• 3. ambika  |  August 28th, 2008 at 6:00 pm

I completely understand why Swish-style comes second ( 😉 ) and *EXTREMELY* thrilled to hear Claire is doing well. Congrats and good luck in everything you do! (She’s gorgeous, btw!)

• 4. amber  |  September 4th, 2008 at 1:44 am

I’ll miss swish-style, but claire is a fabulous additon to our lives too! Thank you for introducing me to ambikas wonderful shell earrings and ultimatly etsy. who hoo!

• 5. Lisaa  |  September 11th, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Congrats to both you and your husband on your new addition! I wish never-ending health and happiness to both you and little Claire =)

• 6. HM  |  February 18th, 2009 at 11:19 am

Congratulations…Wish you a very happy life filled with love and joy…

• 7. Sarah  |  November 13th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Are you blogging somewhere else now? Would love to check in!