Update from my bed.

Email This Post May 19th, 2008 nicky

Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you an update on what’s been going on with me and some more details. As of last Wednesday, I’ve been placed on strict bed rest because my amniotic fluid levels are very low. So far they are stable but still yet to go up so I have to stay laying on my sides until they rise. I get them checked again this Friday. As long as they don’t decrease, I can keep myself out of the hospital. This is all very scary to me and I am very worried about Claire’s development but my perinatalogist reminds me to stay positive and there is lots of time for things to improve. As for Claire, one of her kidneys is totally blocked and not draining into her bladder. She will probably lose function of it before she is born. She also has mild enlargement of some ventricles in her brain. Which most likely means nothing but there is a chance it could signal developmental delays. This is all a lot to process and remain faithful through for me. It is really only through my dependence on God that I am not a complete emotional wreck by now. Our friends and family have been truly amazing. And my husband is my biggest comfort. He’s been taking care of me and the house, keeping me laughing, attempting to cook for the first time in his life and being the best friend in the world to me. He is going to be an awesome daddy. Anyway, i can’t wait for the day I get to meet our baby girl and all of this is a memory. it’s been a tough ride but we’re still hanging on.

• 1. wedbliss5  |  May 20th, 2008 at 3:02 pm

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this! Take advantage of having a wonderful husband to take care of you – thats why we pick such great men to begin with! I’ll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and stay strong!

• 2. Cousin Jill  |  May 21st, 2008 at 4:53 pm

In all things blessed be the name of the Lord! We are thankful that Claire has been created and will continue to pour our hearts out to the Lord concerning you guys. Glad to hear Adrian is such a big help and comfort to you. It is amazing the husbands the Lord gives us! What a blessing! I think of you often and am very excited to hear of Claire’s arrival in August. In the meantime, grab a good book and relax during bedrest-enjoy this path in your life! We love you!

• 3. amber  |  May 21st, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Good job Adrian! Keep it up! Take care of my Icky Nicky! Love you guys!

• 4. Angie  |  May 26th, 2008 at 10:30 am

Please stay strong ! Wish u every bit of luck!

• 5. Cap'n Schwartz  |  May 27th, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Nicky, you want me to bring you Superman Returns DVD to watch? I will…. =)

• 6. nicky  |  May 27th, 2008 at 2:09 pm

thanks everyone!
    Cap’n- I hope you’re joking, I have an aversion to action flicks that don’t star Christian Bale! 🙂

• 7. The Trousered Ape  |  June 3rd, 2008 at 3:02 pm

wow – we’ll be keeping you guys in our prayers. God will take care of you all and see you through it. It is also good that you have family and friend support.

• 8. Court  |  June 10th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

Hang in there Nicky and take care of yourself and that baby!

• 9. Girl-Woman  |  June 21st, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

• 10. kazzles  |  July 2nd, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Hi, I just found your blog. I hope you are keeping relaxed and are being well taken care of. Prayed for you and your precious little one.