Temporary Hiatus.

Email This Post April 18th, 2008 nicky

Dearest readers, I just want to let you know that Swish-Style will be on a bit of a hiatus. We received some tough news yesterday regarding our baby girl at a specialized ultrasound and it is difficult right now for me to write about fun and frivolous things. The only thing that matters to me right now is her, it’s all I’m thinking about. So that means I’m in no mood for fashion, beauty and style until my heart gets over the hump. I truly am trying to trust and believe that everything will be okay come August but it’s a struggle. If you have the time, I would appreciate your prayers for baby Claire and please understand that I hope to be back to posting soon. I’ll try to have some guest bloggers lined up in the meantime and I hope you’ll stay my faithful readers.

• 1. Nicole (Shop With a Vengeance!)  |  April 18th, 2008 at 12:48 am

Sorry to hear this, Nicky. I hope everything gets better for you and your baby girl soon. You’ll be in my thoughts and hopefully things will be looking up in the future.

• 2. Sarah  |  April 18th, 2008 at 8:27 am

We will keep you and baby Claire in our thoughts and prayers!

• 3. Sarah O.  |  April 18th, 2008 at 9:50 am

I’ll keep you and Claire in my thoughts and prayers too.

• 4. Ann  |  April 18th, 2008 at 11:29 am

Have a great weekend, wherever the road may lead you!

• 5. Mike Olbinski  |  April 18th, 2008 at 12:36 pm

As always, we are praying for you guys.

• 6. Beca  |  April 18th, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Nicky- My prayers are with you, Adrian and baby Claire.

• 7. MonkeyPosh  |  April 20th, 2008 at 6:48 pm

Oh Nicky-

My prayers to you, Adrian, and of course baby Claire.

xoxoxo
    Jen

• 8. ambika  |  April 20th, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Oh, Nicky, even without details this brought tears to my eyes. I sincerely hope everything turns out okay and you are in my thoughts. {hugs}

• 9. Winona  |  April 24th, 2008 at 1:16 am

I’m thinking of you and your family. Stay strong.

• 10. Girl-Woman  |  April 27th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

You all will be in our hearts and prayers.

Beckie and Jamie

• 11. Magen Williams  |  April 28th, 2008 at 3:42 pm

I will keep you and your little one in my prayers.

• 12. Christine  |  April 30th, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Your family and baby Claire will be in my thoughts and prayers! I know if I was in your position right now I would be a complete wreck, going over so many “what-ifs” in my head.

One thing I have to say to you (and I say this a Pediatrician, not a reader) is that whatever it is they think they saw on the ultrasound is NOT YOUR FAULT. NOTHING you could have done caused it or could have prevented this situation.

Many parents in your situation are wracked with guilt and this is often not addressed by the doctors that you are dealing with. Truly, nothing is your fault, nor could you have prevented it. Please just concentrate on your baby and what is to come.

You’ll be in my thoughts!

• 13. Cap'n Schwartz  |  May 1st, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Nicky, best wishes and my prayers are with you and your family…

• 14. Nikki  |  May 9th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Hi there, I just read your comment on Anne’s blog and wanted to say that I will be praying for your and your precious girl, and your husband too. I also found out in my 5th month of pregnancy that things with our daughter were not all ok. She had an intestinal blockage and has Cystic Fibrosis. I want you to know that God is so big and that He took her intestinal blockage away just a few weeks before she was born. This made infancy for her so much easier. Our struggles with Cystic Fibrosis have been an amazing way to grow. We have learned that God is faithful even when He doesn’t heal(yet). Your girl has something different going on but we have the same HUGE GOD. He loves you, your husband and your daughter so much.

• 15. kristi  |  May 11th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Praying like you asked…that she would be healed and that you would be strong. I also pray that you would be healed as well…in every way but especially in your heart of hearts. Much love, my friend. Much love.

• 16. Pete Wilson  |  May 11th, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Just wanted you to know that we are praying like crazy!

• 17. meerkatsrock  |  May 12th, 2008 at 3:57 pm

nicky-please know that my husband and i are praying for your entire family, especially ‘baby claire’ at this difficult time. we have asked that our friends/family pray also for your families strength and claire’s health. you are in our thoughts daily, and we will continue to pray for you.

• 18. Jill @ Trend de la Creme  |  May 15th, 2008 at 1:50 am

Thinking of you and your family. I am praying that everything works out for Claire.

• 19. amber  |  May 16th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

hang in there Nicky. We all love you!

• 20. http://www.siyudy.com&hellip  |  September 30th, 2015 at 1:57 am

Temporary Hiatus. >Swish-Style | Shopping Blog, Fashion News, Beauty Blog, Lifestyle Blog