Nightmare before Christmas.

Email This Post December 4th, 2007 nicky

xmassweater.jpgI feel blah thanks to a little stomach bug that came to visit Sunday night. In my grumpiness, my sister-in-law reminded me of our hilarious Christmas sweater conversation at the mall last week. I decided to see if I could find the most awful, hideous, it-burns-my-eyes holiday sweaters around. The good folks at QVC should be charged with a crime for the fashion atrocity that is Quacker Factory. Have you ever seen this segment? I by no means watch QVC, but Joel McHale on E! Network’s “The Soup” loves to show the lady, Jeanne, who promotes it and believe me you will be amazed. Just look at this stuff! I have been know to have a slight snowman obsession come Christmastime, but in the form of ornaments and holiday decor, not actually put on my body! And with a marabou trim no less! AHHHH! And this “Snowcat” cardigan complete with a festive kitty, birdhouse, cat zipper pull and tree. All on one sweater! There simply is not enough blog space to document all the horrors. Among other things, I actually saw fiber optic sweaters and a faux wrap with “Ho Ho Ho” written on the breast area. Now that I think about it, this is making me feel a little more sickly. I need to stop now!

• 1. Alex  |  December 5th, 2007 at 12:24 pm

The first sweater leaves me speechless…not only would you look ‘festive’ but you would look like a lion…so sexy…Rawarrr! haha! OH! And…the snowballs look like popcorn kernels – Yummy!

• 2. nicky  |  December 5th, 2007 at 8:15 pm

I know! If they are like cotton balls stuck on the shirt, then that is just asking for someone to try to pluck them off!

• 3. Karina  |  December 5th, 2007 at 8:28 pm

HAHAHA But you know some people would actually buy these…AND WEAR THEM!!!

• 4. Nicole  |  December 6th, 2007 at 2:46 pm

haha the marabou trim definitely adds pizzazz to that first sweater! great blog – would you be interested in cross-linking?

• 5. ambika  |  December 9th, 2007 at 12:04 am

A friend of mine went to a party two years ago where the theme was ‘ugliest christmas sweater.’ Here’s had teddy bears on a sled in the snow but someone else still won. I’ll have to try to find the pictures.

• 6. nicky  |  December 9th, 2007 at 5:45 pm

Ambika, I want to see those pictures!