There’s a slight problem here.

Email This Post November 8th, 2007 nicky

asushirt.jpgWhile I am sure Chip & Pepper makes amazing denim and I love their vintage sporty tees in theory, maybe their reseach and development team needs to do a little background work (say a simple Google check?) before manufacturing hundreds of these bad boys. Considered one of the longest and nastiest rivalries in college football, (along with the oldest trophy in history for the winner) Arizona State and Arizona do not mix well. Putting the Arizona State colors and helmet on a tee and then labeling it with freaking ARIZONA at the top is blasphemy! You would figure a company that makes millions would double check which school the shirt they are selling represents. Especially since they had a short sleeved version last spring with the correct name on it. Can you tell I take college football very seriously? Go Devils!

• 1. Adrian  |  November 8th, 2007 at 7:20 pm

And it’s red. Like, not a ‘sorta maroon but can be mistaken for red’ color. It’s just plain red. This is all wrong. It’s like they had leftover Kansas City Chiefs shirts and carelessly converted them to Sun Devil shirts (and failed).

This hurts my eyes.

• 2. Karina  |  November 8th, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Good Point! You are right in saying they should research their design’s a bit more!!!

• 3. nicky  |  November 8th, 2007 at 7:25 pm

yeah, it is a bit brighter than maroon huh? i ‘ll give them a little room with the colors since they have all those pink women’s fan apparel now, at least they tried to make it in the same color family. but the name thing really confuses me. do they not know pratically every state has 2 state schools… and it matters?

• 4. Jenny  |  November 9th, 2007 at 10:59 am

How could they have made such a blunder? I think they should recall all the shirts and burn them (along with every other UofA shirt out there)! GO DEVILS!!

• 5. nicky  |  November 9th, 2007 at 4:51 pm

I love your comment Jenny, you made my day!

• 6. amber  |  November 11th, 2007 at 11:57 pm

send them a letter. maybe you’ll get a free shirt in the correct color.

• 7. Emily  |  November 13th, 2007 at 8:57 pm

when i first saw it, i was thinking cardinals…then i saw the sparky