A little venting…

Email This Post November 7th, 2007 nicky

Totally unrelated to fashion and beauty, but are you as nervous about the Writer’s Guild of America strike as I am? I am a complete tv junkie, with my two tivos and all. My even more tv-obsessed friend, Mike, luckily started a new feature on his personal blog to give out ideas for DVD watching in the coming months. I’ll either have to add more DVDs to my Blockbuster queue, start watching waaay more reality shows or just play Scrabble instead. I’m really exaggerating here but a little part of me will be sad if my shows go into hiatus for awhile. Let’s see, I watch: The Office, Ugly Betty, Grey’s, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, The Soup, What Not To Wear, The Colbert Report, Amazing Race, and The Hills (I know, shameful) weekly. Then throw in my daily addicted-since-childhood viewing of The Young and The Restless and an occasional Oprah, HGTV or Food Network show. Holy crap! I have a serious problem. Although not watching commercials cuts the time down by at least 30 percent and I do get a ton done like cleaning and cooking while the tube is on. I would be most devastated by a break in Y&R, it is as strong as my dependence on Diet Coke. Rational? No. Necessary to live? Of course! (The pic is of the cast and the 18 years at #1 celebration earlier this year. They also just reached a record breaking 100 Emmy’s won. See, they are special!) Anyway, I’m just whining now. And I’ve just confessed my tv-aholic ways to you all, I’m a little embarassed!
yandr2.jpg

Entry Filed under: Celebs,Random

• 1. Adrian  |  November 7th, 2007 at 2:35 pm

I didn’t even think about how The Soup is affected by the writer’s guild strike. Nooooo!

• 2. Mike Olbinski  |  November 7th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Wow Adrian, I didn’t think of that either! UGH!

Lot of TV you watch Nicky, but I think I have you beat 🙂

I’ll be writing a blog of the top 10 or so TV shows you should watch during the strike…

• 3. nicky  |  November 7th, 2007 at 3:43 pm

I wonder if Joel McHale writes for the show as well? I’m looking forward to yuor top 10 Mike!

• 4. Scott  |  November 8th, 2007 at 12:39 pm

So I’m officially on the side of the writers on this one, but more importantly I think we could all use a TV break. Some more than others, you know who you are.

So why not pick up a book, put on some music, talk to your partner or kids. Let’s make this an opportunity to enrich our lives and spend less time whinning about shows that in a month I doubt we’ll miss anyway.

That’s my .02

• 5. nicky  |  November 8th, 2007 at 1:25 pm

I definitely agree with the writers too Scott. And I also agree that less TV could be good for me! But change is still painful (at least I know missing my soap will be painful for me!)

• 6. Monkeyposh  |  November 20th, 2007 at 9:09 am

What about Saturday Night Live–where the actors/improvers also do the majority of the writing. I wonder what will happen there. As a writer at Second City, I know that without good writing there is NADA. I am for the writers, but ack I want new shows.

• 7. nicky  |  November 20th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

I didn’t know you were a writer for The Second City! I always go to a show when in Chicago, I love it!