Does this sound right?

Email This Post November 2nd, 2007 nicky

boscia.jpgI went to Sephora AGAIN yesterday to try something new for my oily t-zone area. Are you all getting sick of hearing about this yet? Haha, I hope not!
But in all seriousness, I find it weird that with all the medical and beauty advancements we have, there still is not an acceptable remedy to the shine factor. It’s funny talking with the Sephora employees who mention all these different primers and mattifyers and I’ve tried most of them with no success! And when I check the product reviews over at Makeup Alley, it seems like the majority of women experience the same problem.
So here’s my question since I am not a dermalogical genius and maybe some of you are. The Sephora gal asked about my skincare routine and after I shared she asked if I applied moisturizer after at night. Which I don’t because my thought was that more moisture would make my face even oiler after I get ready in the morning. She noticed my cheeks are dry but my t-zone gets oily after a few hours and she said moisturizing at night would help my skin achieve a moisture balance. She said the middle of the night is the most drying time for skin and if it is not properly moisturized then it may over-compensate the next day by producing more oil. Does this sound right? Regardless, I thought trying this would not hurt so I purchased Boscia’s Recharging Night Moisture. It’s a lightweight, natural, botanical-based lotion that will be good for my sensitive skin. We’ll see how it goes!

Entry Filed under: Beauty,Eco

• 1. nicky  |  November 2nd, 2007 at 4:04 pm

I forgot to mention. Apparently I am some undertone freak. I said how I wanted to try new matte foundations, well I tried on like five at the store and they are all too yellow on me. I am a weirdo with pink undertones and there are not many foundations that have them! Strange, huh?

• 2. stephanie  |  November 2nd, 2007 at 4:39 pm

Yes, this does sound right. I just had a facial by a fantastic beautician, and we talked about this same issue. She said it is important to moisturize at night as well as after your toner during the day. I went to a toner with 2% salycitic acid and it has worked wonders for my shininess during the day! I saw an immediate difference.

• 3. Sarah  |  November 2nd, 2007 at 5:51 pm

I am thoroughly convinced I am the oiliest person on the planet. (Really, can a person use 10 blotting sheets a day and still look like a slick? yes!). I’ve used this lotion, and I found it particularly heavy. With that being said, I really enjoy the day lotion. It doesn’t seem to slick me up TOO much.

• 4. nicky  |  November 2nd, 2007 at 7:29 pm

Hi Sarah, I love your blog! I am going to add a link. So far this cream wasn’t too heavy after using it for the first time. But we’ll wait and see! And I’ll give their day lotion a try after my current one is gone. Thanks for the tip!

• 5. Emily  |  November 4th, 2007 at 12:53 am

Hey Nicky:) I have heard that if you don’t moisturize, that your pores overcompensate for the dryness by producing more oil…so if that’s true, then I would try moisturizing. I moisturize day and night and don’t seem to be very oily during the day…but my problem as of late are a few pimples on the cheeks…as well as tiny bumps and BLACKHEADS!!! I have NEVER had this problem before. Argh:(

• 6. nicky  |  November 5th, 2007 at 12:36 pm

Hi Emily! Thanks for the feedback, have you tried any remedies for the breakouts? I like this one cleanser from Neutrogena for adult skin with stuff for blemishes too, it’s called “Anti- Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish” it wasn’t over drying and affordable too. Maybe give that a try!

• 7. Carolyn  |  December 8th, 2007 at 3:08 pm

Hey Nicky! I was at Sephora AGAIN!!! also last night speaking with one of the girls who is also a esthetician…I tried Boscia Clear Complexion for the first time…I never really had breakouts except for that time of the month…but I had been on minocycline and got tired of taking it and still breaking out so I went off in August and oh my gosh…has my face been a mess since then. Nothing I previously used is working and I have been trying by trial & error to find a good skincare line. I have very oily skin…but I feel like the oil free moist by boscia…feels wonderful on my skin…I just hope my skin doesn’t freak out anymore.I still have some spots that are healing… I was using Clarins Ultra matte before this and it did help calm my skin down but still did not like the preservatives in the products…and it still remained very oily. So my point to telling you all of this and hoping if anyone else has a similiar situation they will blog back and also to ask how you like the line…because if you are still using it, it’s been about a month now…and I am wanting to try the night cream with some apprehension obviously…not wanting to break my hormonally sens skin anymore. Did the night cream work for you and have you tried the vit c product by boscia, if so did you like that?

• 8. nicky  |  December 9th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

The night cream is working nicely so far! I feel like I am less oily during the day and I have not had any breakouts from it at all. I haven’t tried the Vitamin C but after this positive experience with Boscia, I really want to try more of their products! Let me know how this new product works for you after awhile. Best of luck!