Maintenance: My Eyes

Email This Post October 24th, 2007 nicky

eyemaintenance.jpgHere’s an overview of my normal, daily eye routine in six easy steps.
Step 1: Prime lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion and cover dark under eye circles with Benefit Boi-ing concealer in Lite.
Step 2: Apply base color in Clinique ‘Like Mink’ Eye Shadow Duo over entire lid and brow bone. Then apply darker shade above lash line and into crease.
Step 3: Line just above top lash line with Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown. I draw a thin line and extend it out a little at the outer corners. Then I line my lower lashes with a thin line too.
Step 4: Using the tip of an eyeshadow sponge, I smudge a bit of the darker eye shadow into the lower lash liner to make a slightly smokey and softer effect.
Step 5: Use Benefit Brow Zings in Light to fill in my blonde brows. I only use the wax section of the compact because it seems like the powder is a little too heavy for my coloring.
Step 6: Apply a coat of mascara to upper and lower lashes. My current fave is Dior Diorshow Mascara in Black.
And that’s it! So far the products I am most devoted to are the Primer Potion, Revlon eyeliner and Brow Zings. All three are the best I have tried (and I have tried a TON) in their category. Especially wonderful is the eyeliner since you can pick it up at any drugstore and it works better than liners double its price. I regularly try different eye shadow compacts in neutral colors and have a habit of trying a new mascara formulation every time a tube runs dry. Let me know some of your beloved eye makeup products and tips in the comment section!

Entry Filed under: Beauty,Maintenance

• 1. Sara The Bargain Queen  |  October 25th, 2007 at 9:06 am

Wow, that’s a lotta products to use every day.

I’d love to see before & after shots to see how dramatic the transformation is…

• 2. Sarah  |  October 25th, 2007 at 11:14 am

I agree with Sara, I’d love to see before and after shots!

• 3. nicky  |  October 25th, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Is that a lot? I guess it doesn’t seem like it to me since I love playing around with makeup and I don’t put it on too heavy. I’m working on pics right now so they be up soon if I can get it to work!

• 4. Mike Olbinski  |  October 25th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

I usually rub my eyes and slap on my glasses and I’m good to go!

• 5. nicky  |  October 25th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Don’t lie Mike…I know you secretly play with Jina’s makeup before she gets up. 🙂

• 6. Diane  |  November 4th, 2007 at 11:51 pm

Are your eyelash that great with just the Dior or do you curl them too. Love the before and after, very helpful and you look beautiful.
    Diane

• 7. nicky  |  November 5th, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Thank you Diane! I actually don’t curl my eyelashes. The Diorshow is a curling, volumizing and lengthening formula and I think it does all three very well.