Another interesting invention.

Email This Post October 4th, 2007 nicky

mjarmwarmer.jpgMaybe I am simply unaware of fashion devices meant for keeping warm because I’ve lived in a desert since age 12 but have any of you ever seen arm warmers before? Of course we all know about leg warmers from Flashdance, but I am sure that I have not seen anyone in my life wearing separate warmers on their arms (and I travel to freezing places often). Am I clueless? Is this really popular in colder climates? Why wouldn’t you just wear long sleeves? Or gloves? Do your fingers not get cold too? Or do you wear gloves along with arm warmers? Can I ask anymore questions? Seriously though, I just don’t get it. Someone enlighten me.

• 1. amber  |  October 4th, 2007 at 10:33 pm

it’s just like fingerless gloves, which are popular in the pacific northwest. it’s good for driving or when riding your bike when you need full dexterity and non-slip-age.

i’ll crochet you some and you too will be enlightened.

• 2. nicky  |  October 5th, 2007 at 12:51 am

hmmm, yeah I understand when you need to use your fingers but why not just wear a coat or long sleeves then? Regardless I just think they’re fugly so please don’t crochet me any! hahaha.

• 3. ehshopping  |  October 6th, 2007 at 11:07 pm

very nice, i will buy one as Christmas gifts

• 4. Jack Yan  |  October 6th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

I still have some from Nom D in New Zealand. To my knowledge, they are just items which make you feel a bit different. They do feel a bit weird to wear, but one time I had a great T-shirt that went well with a jacket. But the T was short-sleeved, and it would be cool that night, so these arm warmers were perfect!

• 5. amber  |  October 9th, 2007 at 10:34 am

crocheted fingerless gloves don’t look like that… i agree the ones you posted are fugly. ha.

• 6. Court  |  October 12th, 2007 at 5:25 pm

I saw those all over the place in Paris…not really sure how I feel about them. Because, you’re right, if it’s cold and I want my arms to be warm–I’ll wear long sleeves. 🙂