Gift Card Dilemma

Email This Post August 22nd, 2007 nicky

tiffany.jpgI have a gift card to Tiffany & Co. (yippee!) but I have no idea what to purchase with it! By no means do I have the extra budget to buy some huge diamond rock or spend thousands of dollars. Plus I’m not really that flashy anyway. I love simple, clean lines and classic pieces (which Tiffany is definitely known for), but they have such a huge selection it’s hard to decide on something! I am not a necklace person (thanks to my evil birthmark), instead I prefer earrings or bracelets. So here are a few of my favorites: Silver cushion drop earrings, Classic pearl studs, Onyx bead bracelet, and the Sevillana bangle. I already have a bracelet from Tiffany so I’m thinking maybe I should go with earrings, not that there is any problem with having more than one of their lovely bracelets! So what do you all think would be best?

Entry Filed under: Accessories

• 1. ambika  |  August 22nd, 2007 at 6:21 pm

Oh my gosh, lucky you! Love the choices you made, probably the first set of earrings best.

• 2. Christine  |  August 22nd, 2007 at 11:44 pm

I would think about what you would wear most often. I have a lot of stuff from there (spoiled rotten) and I find that I wear my diamond studs everyday, I also have the venetian link bracelet and wear that every single day. I think of those options you have chosen, the pearl studs will likely get the most wear, and don’t scream out “Tiffanys” I hope that helps!

• 3. amber  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 12:02 am

the bracelet at the bottom is soooo cute. get that…. then let me ooogle your wrist next time i’m in town!

• 4. monkeyposh  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 8:44 am

I like the all silver bracelet or the bracelet with the big black beads.

I love Tiffany! Happy shopping and be sure to model your purchase for us on your blog!

Have a great day Nicky!

• 5. Alex  |  August 27th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

I’d go for the onyx bracelet…a) it’s black and black goes with everything. b) a simple strand of beads can go with any outfit: funky, casual, cocktail, business… c) it screems tiffany’s because of the closure! if you’re going to get something from Tiffany’s you may as well let everyone know. that’s part of the fun in owning stuff from one of the most well known jewelry stores in the world!

i wouldn’t get the pearls though. they’re classic, you can wear them all of the time and they scream feminine, but dropping $300.00 on a pair of cultured pearls…it’s not worth it. if they were natural pearls i would drop a big chunk of change, but you can get cheaper cultured pearls some where else. Erwin Pearl is a great place to go for that kind of thing.

I own a pair of pearl studs from there and my mom has bought several pieces of nice costume jewelry from there as well.

• 6. Maddy  |  August 29th, 2007 at 8:55 am

I love the Sevillana bangle. This, however, is coming from a girl who has worn the same two silver bracelets since she was seven, and therefore might be a little biased towards anything resembling them.