My worst nightmare!

Email This Post February 21st, 2007 nicky

dgstirrup.jpgHere’s my nightmare: I’m back in 5th grade and rocking my favorite outfit. An off the shoulder, bright pink sweater, tastefully cinched to the side with a plastic disc. On my legs I am wearing the most beautiful stirrup pants in black. Yes, I said stirrup pants. Because in a era when we thought feathering your hair was cool and boys in rock bands wearing more makeup than your mom was normal, stirrup pants were a must-have! I look down at my feet and admire my LA Gear tennis shoes with bright pink laces but then SCREAM in horror when I realize my slouch socks are not alternating the colors black and pink (b/c of course I am wearing 2 pairs of layered socks, duh!) but I did each sock in the same order on both legs!! How mortifying! And now every girl in school is laughing at me. But then I wake up and know it was all a bad dream, phew! That was a close one. Now here’s reality today: I really don’t believe that designers are trying to bring back the stirrup pant, right? Please, please tell me this is a sick fashion joke. Why is this super shiny, skin tight stirrup pant available for pre-order from Nordstrom? Especially since it’s worn with cute strappy sandals. Wearing something like this is reason enough to have your friends intervene and call Stacey and Clinton at TLC for a fashion emergency. But apparently the fabulous designers at Dolce and Gabbana (who create amazing items like this LBD.) have decided not only are stirrup pants chic but there are SO chic that they are worth $695! Seriously?? They’re made of nylon and spandex guys! And butt ugly on top of that! Ugh, what is this world coming to?

• 1. Karina  |  February 22nd, 2007 at 6:11 pm

So so so wrong

• 2. ambika  |  February 24th, 2007 at 1:38 am

Like leggings and shoulder pads, this is something I will never wear again. EVER.

• 3. Emily  |  February 25th, 2007 at 2:24 am

oh….no

• 4. amber  |  February 28th, 2007 at 11:54 am

Yikes!!!

American Apparel sells items like this… the staff is always wearing them like they are trying to rub off on you while you shop. NO way Jose!

• 5. Marcy  |  January 7th, 2008 at 9:08 pm

This type of thing is for teenage girls trying to impress their boyfriends. The thing is, it works. Young women look great in this sort of thing. However, it has a very short shelf life.

• 6. Art  |  January 7th, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Unlike my girlfriend Marcy, I think all women look great in these, especially the shiny stuff. It’s just that most women don’t trust their bodies. Buy a pair and wear it for your husband/ boyfriend in your bedroom. He’ll go wild. I guarantee it.

• 7. Leigh Anna  |  April 3rd, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Stumbled across this as I was googling stirrup pants…hilarious! I think we may have worn the same outfit! I am terrified that the socks and shoulder pads will one day be back…not back in my closet at least!